POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Titles... (Minimalism) Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:50:13 EDT (-0400)
  Titles... (Minimalism) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: St
Subject: Titles... (Minimalism)
Date: 1 Aug 2005 15:46:13
Message: <42ee7c05@news.povray.org>
Does an image *need* a 'meaningful' title so that the viewer understands
more readily what is going on?

  I understand that some images may be obvious, but what if they're not to
the viewer?

 I'm having problems at the moment with what to name some of my <hopefully!>
minimalism images, (about five of them).

  ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

> Does an image *need* a 'meaningful' title so that the viewer understands
> more readily what is going on?
>
>  I understand that some images may be obvious, but what if they're not
> to the viewer?
>
> I'm having problems at the moment with what to name some of my
> <hopefully!> minimalism images, (about five of them).
>
>  ~Steve~

After looking up a lot of the minimalist artists and their works I'm
beginning to think minimalism means not having anything going on.  Very
basic nothings seems to be the key.

Maybe a series... nothing #1, nothing #2 etc...

RG

Post a reply to this message

"gonzo" <rgo### [at] lansetcom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>> Does an image *need* a 'meaningful' title so that the viewer understands
>> more readily what is going on?
>>
>>  I understand that some images may be obvious, but what if they're not to
>> the viewer?
>>
>> I'm having problems at the moment with what to name some of my
>> <hopefully!> minimalism images, (about five of them).

> After looking up a lot of the minimalist artists and their works I'm
> beginning to think minimalism means not having anything going on.  Very
> basic nothings seems to be the key.
>
> Maybe a series... nothing #1, nothing #2 etc...

    Yeah, thanks Ron, I see where this is heading for me and your suggestion
seems reasonable, although, I have different subjects for each image.

     I dunno, I'll have a think about it.

     ~Steve~

> RG

Post a reply to this message

Well you can provide a description in the text file, so really the title
needn't explain anything. Though I suppose that raises the question
should you provide a description?

Tek

St. wrote:
> Does an image *need* a 'meaningful' title so that the viewer understands
> more readily what is going on?
>
>  I understand that some images may be obvious, but what if they're not
> to the viewer?
>
> I'm having problems at the moment with what to name some of my
> <hopefully!> minimalism images, (about five of them).
>
>  ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> Well you can provide a description in the text file, so really the title
> needn't explain anything. Though I suppose that raises the question should
> you provide a description?

    Ah! Yes, Tek. Good question. I always thought 'minimalism' should be
self explanatory?

     ~Steve~