POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Capriccio Server Time
17 May 2024 04:43:33 EDT (-0400)
  Capriccio (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Gena Obukhov
Subject: Capriccio
Date: 25 Mar 2003 02:06:00
Message: <3E7FFE36.57918FB2@mail.com>
I've just started to work on my entry for next IRTC round.
As a reference image I decided to use painting by english
artist William Marlow called 'Capriccio: St. Paul's and a
Venetian Canal'. He combined parts of London and Venice
in one painting.

That gave me idea (maybe too crazy) to combine efforts from
different POVers from different countries and prepare common
image. For example to ask Christoph Hormann from Germany to
contribute his knowledge in making great water, ask Jaime Vives
Piqueres from Spain to contribute his great lighting, ask
Gilles Tran from France to contribute his great atmosphere and
so on...

If it would be possible we could prove that at least POVers
from different countries can live without any contradictions :)
But maybe it's just capriccio...

Gena.

Post a reply to this message

> I've just started to work on my entry for next IRTC round.
> As a reference image I decided to use painting by english
> artist William Marlow called 'Capriccio: St. Paul's and a
> Venetian Canal'. He combined parts of London and Venice
> in one painting.

The picture can be seen at:

http://www.comune.roma.it/pecrdav/tourimm.html
http://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/AWork?id=9296

> That gave me idea (maybe too crazy) to combine efforts from
> different POVers from different countries and prepare common
> image. For example to ask Christoph Hormann from Germany to
> contribute his knowledge in making great water, ask Jaime Vives
> Piqueres from Spain to contribute his great lighting, ask
> Gilles Tran from France to contribute his great atmosphere and
> so on...

I like the idea and would be pleased to take part in such a joint venture.

Christoph

But as we common have a mere little chance versus one of you, how could we
compete versus an artistic *coalition*?
Anyway, the result can be bellissimo! :))))

Marc

3E7FFE36.57918FB2@mail.com...
> That gave me idea (maybe too crazy) to combine efforts from
> different POVers from different countries and prepare common
> image. For example to ask Christoph Hormann from Germany to
> contribute his knowledge in making great water, ask Jaime Vives
> Piqueres from Spain to contribute his great lighting, ask
> Gilles Tran from France to contribute his great atmosphere and
> so on...
>
> If it would be possible we could prove that at least POVers
> from different countries can live without any contradictions :)
> But maybe it's just capriccio...
>
> Gena.

Post a reply to this message