POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Weird behaviour Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:51:02 EDT (-0400)
  Weird behaviour (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: John Coppens
Subject: Weird behaviour
Date: 14 Aug 2008 20:52:23
Message: <20080814215221.53031872.john@johncoppens.com>
Hello people.

I have a scene with some transparent image_maps, which cast shadows.
Works fine (after adjusting max_trace_level). But if I add a new object
to the scene, suddenly these image_maps case _white_ shadows.

The new object is complicated, but not _that_ much, so I raised max_trace
a bit more (tried up to 100), tried to play with other things, to no
avail. I've changed the order of the objects (I know, it shouldn't
matter). I also tried to add a simple sphere as extra object, but that
doesn't have any effect.

I've put up an image, which show the difference. When the new object is
added, the stained glass (including the non-transparent 'lead') suddenly
seems to become transparent for the shadow cast, but the glass still
shows as colored.

http://jcoppens.com/misc/errors.png

The right image is as it should be, the left one is with the extra object
added. The bright white border is as if the stone were given 'ambient 1',
(or more).

Can anyone suggest a cause for this? I'm not very experienced at povray,
and these is by far the most complicated scene I did...

Thanks in advance.

John

Post a reply to this message