POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Weird behaviour : Re: Weird behaviour Server Time
4 May 2024 04:51:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird behaviour
From: John Coppens
Date: 15 Aug 2008 15:05:59
Message: <20080815160557.cee59ffe.john@johncoppens.com>
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:54:01 -0300
John Coppens <joh### [at] johncoppenscom> wrote:

> Ok. after 2'20", the first line appeared. 5'04" second line. This is
> probably take too long to be of use, but I'll leave it a couple of hours
> to see if the problem is solved.

Well, after 50 minutes and 15 lines, I confirm that the -MB solved the
problem! I didn't have the patience to wait for another 20 hours
though ;-)

Reading up on MB and friends, I thought that the Bounding box problem
wasn't likely to be the culprit, but I thought it was more likely a
problem with the light_buffer (which is switched off with the -MB switch
automatically).

And behold, +MB25 (the default) and -UL did solve the problem too, but the
rendering was still immensely faster (2 minutes for the entire image)!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Mike!

John