POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : userid vs. my actual name. Server Time
2 May 2024 12:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  userid vs. my actual name. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: gregjohn
Subject: userid vs. my actual name.
Date: 26 May 2009 19:10:00
Message: <web.4a1c76917e137df34d207310@news.povray.org>
Hi.

I thought it was really cool that you have a page like this set up for users,
with all their work:
http://www.irtc.org/irtc/irtc?_n&pg=EditUser&id=pterandon

I'm just wondering however if their will be a forced dichotomy between a terse,
remember-able "userid" versus an "Actual name you use in the competition."  I
wanted to log in with a certain userid, but was wondering if now IRTC will call
me by that userid when I create new works.   Are others creating "userids" with
their given name complete with spaces and periods?

Post a reply to this message

> I thought it was really cool that you have a page like this set up for users,
> with all their work:
> http://www.irtc.org/irtc/irtc?_n&pg=EditUser&id=pterandon
>
> I'm just wondering however if their will be a forced dichotomy between a terse,
> remember-able "userid" versus an "Actual name you use in the competition."  I
> wanted to log in with a certain userid, but was wondering if now IRTC will call
> me by that userid when I create new works.   Are others creating "userids" with
> their given name complete with spaces and periods?

Noted. I'll add the ability to have a "Displayed Name" separate from the
username you use to login. Any page that shows your name to other users
would show the displayed name.  You'd only use your username to login.

David

Post a reply to this message

David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:

> Noted. I'll add the ability to have a "Displayed Name" separate from the
> username you use to login. Any page that shows your name to other users
> would show the displayed name.  You'd only use your username to login.

Thanks kindly for your responsiveness.  I hope my idea was a good one. :)