POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Lessons from 10secondclub.net Server Time
2 May 2024 13:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Lessons from 10secondclub.net (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Lessons from 10secondclub.net
Date: 30 Mar 2007 21:15:01
Message: <web.460dc3d6b2b5a5b234d207310@news.povray.org>
There was a /wonderful/ site that was all about character animation-- most
of it 3D with an occasional stop-motion or 2D image interspersed.  They had
a very slick system for logging in entries, displaying images, and voting.

It's no longer online.

Anyone know what happened to them? One wild speculation is that the
copyrighters went after them for using audio clips of popular movies.
Aside from that, whatever actually did them in ought be very relevant to
anyone who is thinking of revamping the IRTC.  If it were a problem of
volunteer burnout, bandwidth costs, community disintegration, or code
that's too difficult to maintain, I think that you all ought to find out.

Post a reply to this message

"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> There was a /wonderful/ site that was all about character animation-- most
> of it 3D with an occasional stop-motion or 2D image interspersed.  They had
> a very slick system for logging in entries, displaying images, and voting.

Can you describe it some? I'm deep in the midst of creating my own code for
doing the same (generically) so I'd love to hear about something that was
particularly easy to use.

-
Sam Bleckley

Post a reply to this message