POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news Server Time
1 Dec 2021 03:55:54 EST (-0500)
  TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news (Message 9 to 18 of 18)  
<<< Previous 8 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 06:17:59
Message: <58551ee7@news.povray.org>
On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> On 16-12-2016 8:09, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>>> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>

>>
>> Yes, I was afraid that would happen. I asked Normand to open up the site
>> /only/ when he was sure everything was working correctly but he insisted
>> on going live asap. Ah! youthful eagerness :-)
>
>
> Kids!  (Shakes head.)  Well, really, what can you do?
>
>
Keep them in a barrel for the first 21 years of their life. Then drive 
in the bung hole. ;)


>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> I am not involved with the forum any more but I shall bring your
>> petition to the attention of Normand of course.
>>
>
>
> Thanks for your help!  (I found the Terms and Conditions to be quite
> interesting reading, as was the Privacy Policy.)
>
>

So interesting that I don't want anything to do with it.


>>>
>>> * (1) The Cubs won the Series.  (2) A couple of days later, I was making
>>> breakfast and my egg was a double-yolker, the first I've seen in years
>>> and years.

I have not seen one for donkey's years.

> (Didn't stop me from cooking it over-easy and having it with
>>> a slice of whole-wheat toast.  Yum!)  (3)  Heavy sigh.  You know.  But
>>> maybe the Electoral College will fix everything.  Yes, I signed the
>>> petition...so, if I mysteriously disappear, well, you'll know what
>>> happened...
>>>
>>

<Kiddies voice>
Lies, she was not harmed but raptured.

</Kiddies voice>

>> The Last Days seem to have been extended, at least for the time being.

Have you stopped reading the news, Thomas?

>> We shall keep an eye on you, especially in a month's time.
>>
>

Yes Big Brother is always looking out.

>
> Thank you.  I appreciate the sentiment.  Now:  Canned food--check.
> Bottled water--check.  BB gun loaded--check.

And you call yourself a true blooded American woman? Shame on you.
At least three hand guns, a over and under shotgun and a snipers rifle 
are the minimum requirements.

> Dogs primed and ready to
> bark--check.  Cat set to Full Insanity Mode--check.

Sharp intake of breath.

> Media Player ready
> with inspirational bagpipe music and so forth--check.

A woman with impeccable tastes.

> Electric blanket
> plugged in--check.  (Because, never mind Armageddon--sometime in the
> next twelve hours, if the meteorologists are correct, the temperature
> here is going to drop about fifty degrees, rather abruptly.

I assume it was made from a sustainable source using Philip K. Dick's 
Electric Sheep?

> Sure,
> they're those silly, undersized Fahrenheit degrees, but still.  Welcome
> to Missouri.)
>

Yes, you need more fingers and toes to count them.



-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Normand Briere
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 07:30:01
Message: <web.58552f40a242973c40ad59a40@news.povray.org>
> > I am not involved with the forum any more but I shall bring your
> > petition to the attention of Normand of course.
> >
>
>
> Thanks for your help!  (I found the Terms and Conditions to be quite
> interesting reading, as was the Privacy Policy.)


Well it is more up to /me/ to thank Thomas for the follow-up!

Since the overall website navigation is menu-based, a link usually leads to a
page with related stuff.

These readings are very generic, and in any case, you are not actually required
to enter your real personal data, so why would you care. Even the email address
is not necessary, though you have to supply one for technical reasons (any a@b.c
is fine).

When it comes to enter some credit card information however, then of course, you
are no longer as anonymous.


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 07:30:25
Message: <58552fe1$1@news.povray.org>
On 17-12-2016 12:17, Stephen wrote:
> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> On 16-12-2016 8:09, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>>>> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>>
>
>>>
>>> Yes, I was afraid that would happen. I asked Normand to open up the site
>>> /only/ when he was sure everything was working correctly but he insisted
>>> on going live asap. Ah! youthful eagerness :-)
>>
>>
>> Kids!  (Shakes head.)  Well, really, what can you do?
>>
>>
> Keep them in a barrel for the first 21 years of their life. Then drive
> in the bung hole. ;)
>
>
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> I am not involved with the forum any more but I shall bring your
>>> petition to the attention of Normand of course.
>>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks for your help!  (I found the Terms and Conditions to be quite
>> interesting reading, as was the Privacy Policy.)
>>
>>
>
> So interesting that I don't want anything to do with it.

On a serious note indeed: I want to ask everybody who wants to join to 
*read* those documents first with care! I agree with Stephen.

>
>
>>>>
>>>> * (1) The Cubs won the Series.  (2) A couple of days later, I was
>>>> making
>>>> breakfast and my egg was a double-yolker, the first I've seen in years
>>>> and years.
>
> I have not seen one for donkey's years.
>
>> (Didn't stop me from cooking it over-easy and having it with
>>>> a slice of whole-wheat toast.  Yum!)  (3)  Heavy sigh.  You know.  But
>>>> maybe the Electoral College will fix everything.  Yes, I signed the
>>>> petition...so, if I mysteriously disappear, well, you'll know what
>>>> happened...
>>>>
>>>
>
> <Kiddies voice>
> Lies, she was not harmed but raptured.
>
> </Kiddies voice>
>
>>> The Last Days seem to have been extended, at least for the time being.
>
> Have you stopped reading the news, Thomas?

I wish I had... but somehow I always keep a little glimmer of hope...

>
>>> We shall keep an eye on you, especially in a month's time.
>>>
>>
>
> Yes Big Brother is always looking out.

Yep! [dusting off Superman suit]

>
>>
>> Thank you.  I appreciate the sentiment.  Now:  Canned food--check.
>> Bottled water--check.  BB gun loaded--check.
>
> And you call yourself a true blooded American woman? Shame on you.
> At least three hand guns, a over and under shotgun and a snipers rifle
> are the minimum requirements.
>
>> Dogs primed and ready to
>> bark--check.  Cat set to Full Insanity Mode--check.
>
> Sharp intake of breath.
>
>> Media Player ready
>> with inspirational bagpipe music and so forth--check.
>
> A woman with impeccable tastes.
>
>> Electric blanket
>> plugged in--check.  (Because, never mind Armageddon--sometime in the
>> next twelve hours, if the meteorologists are correct, the temperature
>> here is going to drop about fifty degrees, rather abruptly.
>
> I assume it was made from a sustainable source using Philip K. Dick's
> Electric Sheep?
>
>> Sure,
>> they're those silly, undersized Fahrenheit degrees, but still.  Welcome
>> to Missouri.)
>>
>
> Yes, you need more fingers and toes to count them.
>
>
>


-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 09:20:41
Message: <585549b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/17/2016 12:30 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>
>> Have you stopped reading the news, Thomas?
>
> I wish I had... but somehow I always keep a little glimmer of hope...
>

I remember being told that the end days were nigh. When the Euro was 
launched. I got quotes out of Revelations to prove it, as well.

>>
>>>> We shall keep an eye on you, especially in a month's time.
>>>>
>>>
>>
>> Yes Big Brother is always looking out.
>
> Yep! [dusting off Superman suit]

By darkest day and brightest night. No goodness shall escape my sight.

Or something like that. ;-)

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 17:16:24
Message: <5855b938$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/17/2016 11:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:

>> Media Player ready
>> with inspirational bagpipe music and so forth--check.
>
> A woman with impeccable tastes.
>

And in the Christmas spirit, just for you.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fdr0Wo3wNx


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry K  Shaw
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 21:31:55
Message: <5855f51b$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 12/17/2016 11:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>
>>> Media Player ready
>>> with inspirational bagpipe music and so forth--check.
>>
>> A woman with impeccable tastes.
>>
>
> And in the Christmas spirit, just for you.
>
> http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fdr0Wo3wNx
>
>

Wow!

--Sherry Shaw

-- 
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+
1;#end camera{location-5*z}plane{z,37 pigment{granite color_map{[.7rgb 0]
[1rgb 1]}}finish{ambient 2}}//                                   TenMoons


Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry K  Shaw
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 21:37:37
Message: <5855f671$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>> Sure,
>> they're those silly, undersized Fahrenheit degrees, but still.  Welcome
>> to Missouri.)
>>
>
> Yes, you need more fingers and toes to count them.
>
>

...But that would involve taking off two pairs of socks, so I suppose 
I'll just have to guess.

--Sherry Shaw

-- 
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+
1;#end camera{location-5*z}plane{z,37 pigment{granite color_map{[.7rgb 0]
[1rgb 1]}}finish{ambient 2}}//                                   TenMoons


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 18 Dec 2016 02:58:55
Message: <585641bf$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-12-2016 3:38, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>>> Sure,
>>> they're those silly, undersized Fahrenheit degrees, but still.  Welcome
>>> to Missouri.)
>>>
>>
>> Yes, you need more fingers and toes to count them.
>>
>>
>
> ...But that would involve taking off two pairs of socks, so I suppose
> I'll just have to guess.
>

No science without suffering. ;-)


-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 18 Dec 2016 10:02:31
Message: <5856a507$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/18/2016 2:32 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/17/2016 11:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
>>> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>>
>>>> Media Player ready
>>>> with inspirational bagpipe music and so forth--check.
>>>
>>> A woman with impeccable tastes.
>>>
>>
>> And in the Christmas spirit, just for you.
>>
>> http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fdr0Wo3wNx
>>
>>
>
> Wow!
>

It is a clip from a Tony Hawks (the guy who hitchhiked around Ireland 
with a fridge) Christmas program where he costed all the gifts in the 12 
days of Christmas carol. He even got Ten Lords* a Leaping from the house 
of Lords.

* A bit of a cheat as two of them were Ladies. ;)

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 18 Dec 2016 14:21:11
Message: <5856e1a7$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/18/2016 2:38 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>>> Sure,
>>> they're those silly, undersized Fahrenheit degrees, but still.  Welcome
>>> to Missouri.)
>>>
>>
>> Yes, you need more fingers and toes to count them.
>>
>>
>
> ....But that would involve taking off two pairs of socks,

Steady! You don't want to over excite the old men on the newsgroup. ;)


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 8 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.