POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Renewed homepage Voting problem Server Time
29 Mar 2024 04:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Renewed homepage Voting problem (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: FractRacer
Subject: Re: Renewed homepage Voting problem
Date: 25 Jan 2015 15:20:06
Message: <54c54ff6$1@news.povray.org>
Le 24/01/2015 14:19, Stephen a écrit :
> On 13/01/2015 08:02, Stephen wrote:
>> There is a problem when voting for one of the entries. The scores are
>> not reflected in the overall voting page. And the site logic thinks that
>> you have not voted for that entry.
>> It would be better if no one voted until we get it fixed.
>>
>> Thanks for your patience.
>>

> There is another problem. The Challenge closed a day early So I have
> manually reopened it for another day. So that Christian and FractRacer*
> have the opportunity to vote and are not penalised.
>

> * And anyone else who would like to join in.

Voted! In the time limit.

--
Lionel
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---
antivirus Avast.

From: Stephen
Date: 25 Jan 2015 15:31:41
Message: <54c552ad$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/01/2015 19:47, Christian Froeschlin wrote:

> Well, I guess after that effort I just had to vote :)

And it is appreciated. :-)

> BTW is there a way to get the full image from the rating overview page
> without going through the entry page with description and everything?

Not at the moment. But if you can describe how our developer could
implement what you want, with still the option to read the description.
I will put it to him.

> It seems the process requires a lot of page reloads now for not much
> benefit

Well it is a legacy system designed by a non computer professional.

  (in fact I would usually prefer not to read any description
> before rating unless there is something doubtful in the image).

As an aside. I find is useful to read what the entrant wrote. It helps
me split the score.

--

Regards
     Stephen