POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC - new stills contest open Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:40:00 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC - new stills contest open (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: David Buck
Subject: IRTC - new stills contest open
Date: 1 Jul 2009 00:12:50
Message: <4a4ae242$1@news.povray.org>
The test contest has ended and a new stills contest has begun.  Check
out the Current Rounds page on http://www.irtc.org for more details.

I'll open up the test round for voting shortly.  Since this is a test
round and there was some confusion about the submission process in the
last few hours, I'm willing to accept additional entries for this round
for another 24 hours.  If you want to enter an image into the test
round, email us at irt### [at] irtcorg and we'll make sure your entry
gets submitted.  I hope nobody is annoyed by this extension.  In the
future I intend to keep the deadlines firm.

Thanks
David Buck

Post a reply to this message

David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
> The test contest has ended and a new stills contest has begun.  Check
> out the Current Rounds page on http://www.irtc.org for more details.
>
> I'll open up the test round for voting shortly.  Since this is a test
> round and there was some confusion about the submission process in the
> last few hours, I'm willing to accept additional entries for this round
> for another 24 hours.  If you want to enter an image into the test
> round, email us at irt### [at] irtcorg and we'll make sure your entry
> gets submitted.  I hope nobody is annoyed by this extension.  In the
> future I intend to keep the deadlines firm.
>
> Thanks
> David Buck

Out of curiosity... when can we expect an animation round to open up?

Nimish

Post a reply to this message

> David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
>> The test contest has ended and a new stills contest has begun.  Check
>> out the Current Rounds page on http://www.irtc.org for more details.
>>
>> I'll open up the test round for voting shortly.  Since this is a test
>> round and there was some confusion about the submission process in the
>> last few hours, I'm willing to accept additional entries for this round
>> for another 24 hours.  If you want to enter an image into the test
>> round, email us at irt### [at] irtcorg and we'll make sure your entry
>> gets submitted.  I hope nobody is annoyed by this extension.  In the
>> future I intend to keep the deadlines firm.
>>
>> Thanks
>> David Buck
>
> Out of curiosity... when can we expect an animation round to open up?
>
> Nimish

It will likely be in the fall.  I need to be a bit less lazy about the
uploading process.  Currently, the upload process loads the entire
upload into memory before it writes it out to disk.  This is fine for
images but will take too much RAM for animations. I need to change the
upload to stream directly to a file.

Fortunately, I now have another volunteer to help with the software
development so we should be able to get to that soon.

David Buck

Post a reply to this message