POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Vector graphics Server Time
17 May 2024 06:37:28 EDT (-0400)
  Vector graphics (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tek
Subject: Vector graphics
Date: 30 Apr 2003 13:51:00
Message: <3eb00d04$1@news.povray.org>
I'm thinking about writing my own renderer, but it would be vector graphics
based. How does the Internet *Ray*Tracing* Competition feel about that? The
rules state work must be produced using a 3D renderer, but there's no mention
that it actually has to trace rays.

I just want to confirm that no-one makes a distinction within the IRTC as to the
exact means of rendering 3D things.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, if there's no restriction then why's it
called the IRTC? Surely it should be the I3DC or something ;)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

>I'm thinking about writing my own renderer, but it would be vector graphics
>based. How does the Internet *Ray*Tracing* Competition feel about that? The
>rules state work must be produced using a 3D renderer, but there's no mention
>that it actually has to trace rays.

Well, they permit Blender entries, and Blender isn't a raytracer. There have
also been numerous entries using the 3DS scanline renderer, and Terragen
entries, which I think uses z-buffering.

>Oh, and while we're on the subject, if there's no restriction then why's it
>called the IRTC? Surely it should be the I3DC or something ;)

Just rolls off the tongue better?

RG

Post a reply to this message