POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Vector graphics : Re: Vector graphics Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector graphics
From: Tek
Date: 30 Apr 2003 19:23:44
Message: <3eb05b00$1@news.povray.org>
"gonzo" <rgo### [at] lansetcom> wrote in message
> Well, they permit Blender entries, and Blender isn't a raytracer. There have
> also been numerous entries using the 3DS scanline renderer, and Terragen
> entries, which I think uses z-buffering.

I wasn't sure if they all had ray tracing options. Though now you mention it I
do recall some people noting that their 3DS entries were using the scanline
renderer.

> >Oh, and while we're on the subject, if there's no restriction then why's it
> >called the IRTC? Surely it should be the I3DC or something ;)
>
> Just rolls off the tongue better?

Could be, but I'm sure there must be some sound historical reason or something.
Or the could call it ICGC, or even the Internet Rendering Competition, but that
acronym would get confusing :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com