POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Horror Round Observation Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:44:24 EDT (-0400)
  Horror Round Observation (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Ken
Subject: Horror Round Observation
Date: 24 Sep 1999 08:12:55
Message: <37EB6A36.38735512@pacbell.net>
Hello,

 So far I have seen two preliminary previews of what are allegedly
going to be submitted to the horror round. I'm not going to name
the artists just the concepts. The first is a scene where you are
supposed to be witnessing the last desperate hours of work on an
IRTC submission. The second is only hinted at yet so far and is
comprised of a contemporary electrical outlet and modern bindings
on a book. I can only imagine where that one is going. I see these
types of images as concept submissions. By that I mean that there
is supposed to be a message transmitted about the scene that the
viewer will in this case try to interpret as some form of horror
and fill it in with their own sense emotion.

   In my own interpretation of horror however I have an entirely
different point of view. I expect to see monsters, disfigured humans,
atrocities against nature, blood, guts, dripping goo, moss hanging
from forbidding trees and slime covered rock walls, dungeons, tools
for torture, nooses, guillotines, headless horsemen, Frankenstien
monsters, mummies, vampires, vehicles smashing together with body
parts flying everywhere, worms crawling out of eye sockets and bugs
from gapping bloody gashes in human flesh, dripping oozing boils on
pretty young faces, death and destruction in every single pixel of
the image, and you know just plain scary, frightening, horror related
imagery.
  I don't think there is a need of making the viewer try to find the
horror in the image in this round. It should be blatant and obvious.
You should be scared out of your wits by what you have seen and the
horror of it plain as the screen it is shown on. It should jerk the
horror right out of your soul and bare it to the world for all to see
as you go screaming into the night. Any way that is my own calm and
gentle interpretation of it.

 How do you interpret this rounds theme ?

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: