POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : to those that understand Server Time
29 Mar 2024 05:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  to those that understand (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: i need a unique name
Subject: to those that understand
Date: 28 Feb 2007 16:10:00
Message: <web.45e5ef6c2bfa2c4743da915f0@news.povray.org>
told my wife this, but she just doesn't really care :-(

so here I go, gotta a bloke in Poser - turned of genatalia 'cos we don't
really want to see that sort of thing in a space colony movie, export and
convert to POV and there it is a big fat willy  ... ok so I can probably
turn it off in the export heirachy thing but all the same very distressing
from a work flow point of view...

.... just needed to let of steam to those who would understand.

btw I've given up and bought a model of a poser robot for $8 because after a
month of trying I've still not managed to build my own in poser 4 (I think
poser 5 and onwards are easier to work with but I missed the free download
and I can't justify $230 to upgrade) ... is that like cheating?

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:09:00 EST, "i_need_a_unique_name"
<ine### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>told my wife this, but she just doesn't really care :-(
>
>so here I go, gotta a bloke in Poser - turned of genatalia 'cos we don't
>really want to see that sort of thing in a space colony movie, export and
>convert to POV and there it is a big fat willy  ... ok so I can probably
>turn it off in the export heirachy thing but all the same very distressing
>from a work flow point of view...
>
>.... just needed to let of steam to those who would understand.
>
>btw I've given up and bought a model of a poser robot for $8 because after a
>month of trying I've still not managed to build my own in poser 4 (I think
>poser 5 and onwards are easier to work with but I missed the free download
>and I can't justify $230 to upgrade) ... is that like cheating?

What's wrong with the human body? At least for adults. It strikes me as very
strange that the female form is acceptable naked but show a nude man and all
Hades breaks loose,

As for your BTW there was a free version of Poser 5 given away a few months ago.
I am sure that you could get a copy if a way could be worked out.

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:09:00 EST, "i_need_a_unique_name"
> <ine### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>
>> btw I've given up and bought a model of a poser robot for $8 because after a
>> month of trying I've still not managed to build my own in poser 4 (I think
>> poser 5 and onwards are easier to work with but I missed the free download
>> and I can't justify $230 to upgrade) ... is that like cheating?

I wouldn't think so - alas, the link i wanted to add (something in the
irtc anim rules i vaguely recall) seems to have gone missing from the
IRTC homepage.

> What's wrong with the human body? At least for adults. It strikes me as very
> strange that the female form is acceptable naked but show a nude man and all
> Hades breaks loose,

The following comment may be considered juvenile and/or offensive: "Envy" ;)

> As for your BTW there was a free version of Poser 5 given away a few months ago.
> I am sure that you could get a copy if a way could be worked out.

Maybe there is a way to use Blender or some other free modeller? My most
recent run-in with Poser (yes, from that free giveaway thing) left me a
bit unimpressed (the last Poser version i had was, i think, 2 or
something, when it was still with MetaCreations(?) - back in the 20th
century ;)
I've only recently (like, three days ago) made my first POV scene, and
already my admiration for anyone that can do an animation with a text
editor alone has jumped by a few orders of magnitude :)

-Markus

Post a reply to this message