POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Looks like a real round this time Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Looks like a real round this time (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Looks like a real round this time
Date: 17 Jan 2007 22:17:50
Message: <45aee6de@news.povray.org>
11 entries (not counting what look like replacement entries).

We haven't had this many since July of 2005.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Re: Looks like a real round this time
Date: 18 Jan 2007 05:13:15
Message: <45af483b$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> 11 entries (not counting what look like replacement entries).
>
> We haven't had this many since July of 2005.

Indeed! I can hardly wait to see what's been sent in. And, for the first
time in quite some time, i found an insane amount of fun in working with
3D - may be the new software, or some of the how-to books i actually
read through and remembered, i don't know. It seemed much easier this
time to get the effects i wanted, or to at least understand why things
did *not* work out how i wanted, and to make the computer do some things
  by itself, not by tedious click-drag-click-point-click-click ;)

I also had a real learning experience yesterday - i put my previous
contributions into a playlist and watched them end-to-end.

Yuck. Ewww. I did that hideous stuff, and it's OUT IN PUBLIC? Uh oh... ;)
In hindsight, i'd diagnose myself with a severe case of
look-what-i-built-Disease, i.e. neglecting a video's timing because
"hey, this was so hard to create, let's show it like an exhibit, not
like a prop in a movie"...

Did anyone already tell me this, and was i just not listening? ;)

-Markus

Post a reply to this message

When do we start viewing.....? First time submitting.
I don't expect to place, I am just curious.
Also, I never received a confirmation email,
but my animation is there. Is that normal......?
dbott

"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> 11 entries (not counting what look like replacement entries).
>
> We haven't had this many since July of 2005.
>
> Regards,
> John

Post a reply to this message

When do we start viewing.....? First time submitting.
I don't expect to place, I am just curious.
Also, I never received a confirmation email,
but my animation is there. Is that normal......?
dbott

"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> 11 entries (not counting what look like replacement entries).
>
> We haven't had this many since July of 2005.
>
> Regards,
> John

Post a reply to this message