POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Looks like a real round this time : Re: Looks like a real round this time Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:07:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looks like a real round this time
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 19 Jan 2007 07:02:12
Message: <45b0b344$1@news.povray.org>
dbott schrieb:
> When do we start viewing.....? First time submitting.
> I don't expect to place, I am just curious.
> Also, I never received a confirmation email,
> but my animation is there. Is that normal......?

"Sort of".

If my memory servers right, back in the old days { ca. 2003 ;) }, the
server ran on automatic, checking the entries and sending out
confirmation mails as the movies came in. Even then, there was a certain
delay, often days, until the web pages were updated. The FTP and
download files were usually available rather soon.
Since there's this sort-of transitional phase now going on (with new
programming, new admins, admins being busy, etc.), the check-and-confirm
is launched by hand -> admin no time = no confirmation.
Don't ask for the web pages :)

I guess it's going to take a few days (fingers crossed...) until things
start moving...

Yo, admins: new topic? Pretty please?

-Markus