POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Would a cyclic animation just tick folks off? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:55:33 EDT (-0400)
  Would a cyclic animation just tick folks off? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Would a cyclic animation just tick folks off?
Date: 15 Jul 2004 07:23:49
Message: <40f66945$1@news.povray.org>
I made an anim where the whole point is to display a "dance cycle". I'm
considering submitting an anim that is just this cycle and having a VIEWING
RECOMMENDATION of watching with repeat.

I also made a beginning and an ending where the characters walk up to the
"dance line". It gives it more of a "story", but it de-emphasizes the walk
cycle such that I'd have to repeat it once or twice to enable the veiwer to
appeciate the effort put into the dance cycle-- the only thing with effort
poured into it.

Post a reply to this message

> I made an anim where the whole point is to display a "dance cycle". I'm
> considering submitting an anim that is just this cycle and having a VIEWING
> RECOMMENDATION of watching with repeat.
>
> I also made a beginning and an ending where the characters walk up to the
> "dance line". It gives it more of a "story", but it de-emphasizes the walk
> cycle such that I'd have to repeat it once or twice to enable the veiwer to
> appeciate the effort put into the dance cycle-- the only thing with effort
> poured into it.

I would say, given the turnout ... go for it! ;)

It is an animations competition, not a mini-movie competition, right?

Seriously, it can't hurt. With only a handfull of animated entries, I'd
like to see more entries submitted.
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message