POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Aww, no Rusty?? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Aww, no Rusty?? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Aww, no Rusty??
Date: 16 Apr 2003 12:29:36
Message: <3e9d84f0$1@news.povray.org>
16 entries at:

http://irtc.org/anims/2003-04-15/view.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Tek
Subject: Re: Aww, no Rusty??
Date: 16 Apr 2003 14:01:44
Message: <3e9d9a88@news.povray.org>
They've put the viewing page up already?

I'm most impressed. A big thank you to the IRTC admins :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

From: John VanSickle
Date: 16 Apr 2003 14:14:24
Message: <3E9D9D82.757386E6@hotmail.com>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> 16 entries at:
>
> http://irtc.org/anims/2003-04-15/view.html

I had a couple incidents where my computer was shut off during a
render (XP crashed Monday, insufficiently-watched child shut down
the system Tuesday).  There was also a week-long hiatus when I had
to travel home for my dad's funeral;  the folks have computers
(including the laptop on which Boxer was designed), but for some reason
when I told Windows to put all of my .INC files into an archive for use
during the time home, about a third of them didn't make it.

The render finished at about 0645 Germany time.  The Web submission
page was still up, but after twenty minutes of uploading the server
choked and wouldn't respond to my efforts to verify it the entry had
made it.  Consequently, there is now a second Lost Rusty Episode (
although this second one is actually finished).

I should stop having this problem soon; I'm upgrading the 300MHz K6-2
to a Athlon XP 2400.

Regards,
John

I submitted it very early this morning, before going to work.  The
HTML submission page was working, but it choked on the entry and
wouldn't respond after that.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message