POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Proposed Change to IRTC Rules Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:42:19 EDT (-0400)
  Proposed Change to IRTC Rules (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Josh English
Subject: Proposed Change to IRTC Rules
Date: 22 Jan 2002 11:07:47
Message: <3C4D8E37.F5269111@spiritone.com>
I would like to propose one simple change to the IRTC animation rules.
Could the text files please say how long the animation is supposed to run?

There are a few this round that I suspect aren't running their full
length, and with a slower internet connection I would like to avoid
downloading an animation twice if I can help it at all.

Thanks,

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
http://www.spiritone.com/~english

Post a reply to this message

I once firebombed the winning entry in its score because I thought the first
7 seconds made a really stupid plot.  (It was about a minute long).

Post a reply to this message

>I would like to propose one simple change to the IRTC animation rules.
>Could the text files please say how long the animation is supposed to run?
>
>There are a few this round that I suspect aren't running their full
>length, and with a slower internet connection I would like to avoid
>downloading an animation twice if I can help it at all.

A few rounds back I had a similar problem, and I suggested that the script
that analyses each entry when it is submitted should automatically add the
length of the movie in frames to the end of the text file.

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message