POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Proposed Change to IRTC Rules : Re: Proposed Change to IRTC Rules Server Time
16 May 2024 05:04:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposed Change to IRTC Rules
From: John VanSickle
Date: 4 Feb 2002 01:35:35
Message: <3C5E2D06.4330F2D2@hotmail.com>
Josh English wrote:

> John VanSickle wrote:
> >
> > I prefer to not know what renderer was used.  I handicap based on
> > the tools used, and that's easier to do in a fair way if I don't
> > know what those tools are.
>
> I'm guilty of the same thing. I have no idea how difficult it is to so
> something in other programs, so I have a hard time with the technical
> score.

As a general rule, I give a technical score based on how natural the
animation is, whether the objects that join together do so smoothly,
and whether there are any discontinuities in the animation.  I give
a score of 1 to 20.  I then check to see what modeler was used.  If
the entrant specifies no modeler, I leave the score as is.  If a
shareware modeler was specified, I factor the score down a bit, and
if a commercial modeler was used, I factor the score down a bit more.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459