POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : More on signature in animations Server Time
16 May 2024 14:43:47 EDT (-0400)
  More on signature in animations (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mike Weber
Subject: More on signature in animations
Date: 5 Nov 1998 10:03:55
Message: <3641be5b.0@news.povray.org>
I'm back for the search again.  I really don't want to use the examples
people
have been discussing on using the text feature of POV to put my name in my
work.
I found ImageMagick, but it doesn't work nicely in DOS.  The command for
annotation
is so long that DOS limits the amount of text at the prompt.  So then I put
it in a
batch file, but since ImageMagick says to use image%03d.tga for a series of
files,
DOS interprets the %0 as a variable - basically it just doesn't work.  So,
now I'm
searching again for something that will place text in a series of images.

Any other recommendations anyone??

Mike

--
All statements are of my opinion and concern.  They do not reflect the views
of my employer.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm back for the search again.  I really don't want to use the examples
> people
> have been discussing on using the text feature of POV to put my name in my
> work.
> I found ImageMagick, but it doesn't work nicely in DOS.  The command for
> annotation
> is so long that DOS limits the amount of text at the prompt.  So then I put
> it in a
> batch file, but since ImageMagick says to use image%03d.tga for a series of
> files,
> DOS interprets the %0 as a variable - basically it just doesn't work.  So,
> now I'm
> searching again for something that will place text in a series of images.
>
> Any other recommendations anyone??
>
> Mike

Well, I could I suppose code something in c. I guess. Been a while since
I've done DOS and all that segmentation [censored] though. :) far
pointers. huge pointers. yuck.

--
Lewis A. Sellers: writer and contract Multimedia Website Developer
mailto:lse### [at] usitnet (The Fourth Millennium Foundation)

You can bug the living bejesus out of me live on ICQ @ 491461
(If I don't get back to you within a month, I'm out of prozac in some
dark corner somewhere screaming things quite unintelligable but -- most
curiously -- thick with a sumerian accent.)

"The comedy is over" -i pagliacci

Post a reply to this message

I thought about it myself.  I think what I need to do is write a small
Windows program that I can specify the command line, name of the files to
annotate and indicating the start and stop numbers.  I have image001.tga
image002.tga...image 360.tga  and shell out to DOS to have it run.