POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : compiling 3.5 with free borland 5.5 : compiling 3.5 with free borland 5.5 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  compiling 3.5 with free borland 5.5
From: ABX
Date: 5 Aug 2002 07:04:41
Message: <iqlskuc20h0ao8qb9i0qdvb6v2jt33jpgv@4ax.com>
I have some problems compiling 3.5 windows sources with only free windows
compiler. I use Borland 5.5.1 C++ Builder Command Line Tools. I started with
make file from 3.1g and started modification. It produced a lot of warnings
and some errors I already solved and want to verify:

- in resource file I had to all font definitions from
    FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1
    FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif"
  what those additional parameters means ? Are they important ?

- in pvbmp.c in section Write_Line there are two loops with i counter where
  type int for i is defined only in first loop. Seems in Borland compiler
  i is local for the first loop so therefore for second loop it had undefined
  type. I had to declare type at beginning of BMP_Image::Write_Line

- Problem in lighting.cpp:
  Error E2238 ..\..\source\blob.h 70: Multiple declaration for 'BLOB'
  Error E2344 \BCC55\INCLUDE\winsock2.h 1181: Earlier declaration of 'BLOB'
  I have solved it renaming BLOB in POV to BLOB_STRUCT

Currently I'm on strange problem:
  Error E2040 ..\..\source\blob.h 82: Declaration terminated incorrectly
where 82nd line is middle of Blob_Element_Struct definition - rad2 field.

Any idea what is wrong ?

ABX