POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Want a cliche? - photons.jpg : Re: Want a cliche? - photons.jpg Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Want a cliche? - photons.jpg
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Nov 2001 03:24:32
Message: <im6futoq9udn6cmn3v63h2otr2nrts00c3@4ax.com>
On Mon, 05 Nov 2001 22:28:10 -0800, Dan Johnson <zap### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>What is the difference between a "real" image, and a fake one?

By "real" I meant an image that is an image by itself. The sad truth
is that I hadn't rendered one in more than a year, maybe even two.
I've used POV for a lot of things but none of them had *any* artistic
value on their own (I am not saying this image does). Most of my POV
work was used as elements in sites I've designed, or was used for
other specific purposes, but not on their own.

>By wanting *this* on one's desktop, do you mean the image on a computer
>desktop, or the sphere, and cylinder on a "real" desktop?

The former :) And what I meant was that the image is just too bright
and contrasting for a wallpaper image.

>I'm also confused about why I like like it, and have a strange urge to
>put it on my desktop.  Maybe I should have taken my medication today.

Glad you like it.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg