POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : color_map utility (46kb jpg) - ColMapTest.jpg : Re: color_map utility (46kb jpg) - ColMapTest.jpg Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color_map utility (46kb jpg) - ColMapTest.jpg
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 29 Jan 2000 09:04:30
Message: <ils59sc0cagsddhp027n022sb587g1jlfj@4ax.com>
On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:18:02 -0800, "Peter Warren" <int### [at] halcyoncom> wrote:

>Thank you for your macro. It is an excellent contribution to the
>Pov Community. I also have had difficulties in visualizing the effects
>color maps.
>I would, however, say this. If you could produce a macro defining
>say the basic geology, via a sloped mapped height field, of Glasgow,
>I would sorely impressed.

Thanks Peter.  As an ardent amateur geologist I would be more than delighted to pander
your request, but as yet am unable to comply.  I have it in mind to try some height
field
modelling of, perhaps, Glencoe - one of the many projects in the "would like to do"
category :-)
David
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com