POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lady of the Lake, version 2 (100kbu) : Re: Lady of the Lake, version 2 (100kbu) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lady of the Lake, version 2 (100kbu)
From: Kyle
Date: 2 Feb 2007 11:49:38
Message: <ifq6s29r9g2nk3qqcmgu9cn2gqi26ius4q@4ax.com>
On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:20:53 +0200, "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com>
wrote:

Nice image!

>Focal blur settings are as follows. I'm not very experienced with focul
>blur. Any settings you'd suggest changing?
>
>aperture 0.09
>blur_samples 150
>focal_point <13,-1.65,-2>
>confidence 0.95
>variance 1/256

I'd suggest reducing the aperture a bit to increase the depth of field.  The
background looks too blurry to me.  You should be able to find a happy medium where
the background is out of focus enough
to hide the lack of details that you have mentioned, but a little sharper that it is
now.  It's really all up to your artistic preferences, though.  :-)  You can increase
the blur samples to reduce
the graininess.

Kyle