POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MegaPov Mustang - Closeup ~58k BU : Re: MegaPov Mustang - Closeup ~58k BU - Mustang1small.jpg Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov Mustang - Closeup ~58k BU - Mustang1small.jpg
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 25 Jun 2000 09:40:04
Message: <ie1cls06ht8fl7nfjp693abf8oteiq63jj@4ax.com>
On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 02:45:42 -0500, "GrimDude" <vos### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>I haven't applied the rivets. Yet.
>There are still a few other details which require attention.
>What do you think? Is it getting there?
>
>Grim

An excellent in-flight scene Grim. I think the formation looks very realistic.
The texture of the aluminum is good and with some lines of rivets will be even
better.

<nitpicking/on>
 The exhaust needs some detailing, and perhaps, as this is an evening/early
morning scene, an exhaust glow would enhance the realism. The jpg compression is
hurting things a bit and the aerial wire seems to be suffering from a lack of
aa.
Your fuselage appears to be too well rounded.  In my pictures of mustangs, the
fuselage has flattened sides around the engine and under the cockpit. (photo
attached) But apart from that it is very convincing.
<nitpicking/off>

I really like the atmosphere of your image please post some more!

David
dav### [at] hamiltonitecom
http://www.hamiltonite.com/

Post a reply to this message