POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : isosurface like sor example : Re: isosurface like sor example Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface like sor example
Date: 6 May 2002 05:59:17
Message: <htkcdu8e63t3cbgisrpstam5lutu0srgtq@4ax.com>
On Thu, 2 May 2002 22:41:57 +0200, "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:
> It seems these are very complex functions, so that's impressive. If they are
> parametric isosurfaces, I guess the render time hits the roof?

No, that's regular isosurfaces, not parametric{}. Render time is is
reasonably. Slower than traditional sor{}. IIRC this set of six objects took
two hours on my PII 233 with a lot of tasks. Note there is more than one
light_sources so it increase render time.

> But a nice
> addition to include in toturials, maybe even the Pov3.5 example files.
> Together with Ingo's parametric mesh macro, these sor's could be superior to
> the old sor keyword, because these will never have holes / errors when they
> render.

It was mainly designed for iso_csg library. Main adventage is that like other
isosurfaces it can be simple displaced.

ABX