POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Snake! WIP : Re: Snake! WIP Server Time
19 Jul 2024 02:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snake! WIP
From: Dave Vogt
Date: 19 Sep 2003 18:00:11
Message: <hkas31-bg4.ln1@control-alt-del.ch>
Steve Shelby wrote:

> Hi,
> This is something I've been working on for quite a while, and I
> finally got it down. A lot of details to work out yet, but the
> hard parts are done. I used Moray 3.5 mesh editor to make the
> snake parts, 243 body sections plus the head, animated along a
> spline, using Chris Colefax's Spline Macro. I will gladly
> provide more details, if anyone is interested. Steve Shelby

Really cool! My suggestion: Try to keep the head in the middle of
the movement... and only let the body make the waves..

Maybe something like this:
  ___

Just my 0.02 swiss francs ;)

Greets

Dave

--
Dave "tPassive" Vogt| ruby -e "n=gets.to_i;a=(2..n).to_a;a.each{
Linux  user  #225040| |x|puts x;(x*2).step(n,x){|j|a.delete j}}"