POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "grass_map" (~178kau) : Re: "grass_map" (~178kau) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "grass_map" (~178kau)
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 1 Jan 2001 17:50:21
Message: <hj125tcmro35tp4ootg7f2u5u0u2k5163u@4ax.com>
On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 15:58:22 -0600, "Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote:

Great to see you still persisting with this scene Tony.  Landscapes must be the
utimate in difficulty with raytracing.  Mick H. has produced perhaps the best I
have seen so far but as I see it, the real problem is -  does one strive for
realism - or should one go for a more abstract view of landscape? And if the
latter, is raytracing the best medium?

Your scene has a realistic feeling to it, but the delicate suspension bridges
and the distant hills give it a "Shangri La" feeling.  My criticism is that the
distant hills are just too rounded and blobby.  Perhaps something more jaggy and
mysterious is needed.

BTW, like the grass :-)

David

dav### [at] hamiltonitecom