POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shiny things! : Re: Shiny things! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shiny things!
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Sep 2009 10:12:54
Message: <hig7a51ahubmnld5ql7k13bmk4df3knkp0@4ax.com>
On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:13:12 +0100, "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:

>Thanks Stephen,
>
>TBH I wasn't sure what "to buttonhole" meant when I first saw it. The trusty
>Internet delivered the definition of "to detain (a person) in conversation
>against their will" which left me feeling a little offended, but also
>between a rock and a hard place. I wouldn't want such an accusation to go
>unchallenged, but pursuing the matter will almost certainly  make me guilty
>of engaging someone in a conversation they probably don't want to have.

It can be a bit of a minefield communicating when you're not face to face, with
people you only know from the internet.
True buttonhole does mean "to detain (a person) in conversation against their
will" but it is often said "tongue in cheek" :)
At least our Cuz didn't say that you could bore for England :P <- Joke
I have noticed that over the years you have spent a lot of time helping people
on these newsgroups. It is appreciated.

>Don't you just hate those tricky situations :o)

Nope! :P
Just get stuck in there. One with the heid and one with the bunnet </Joke>

Actually life is too short to spend time worrying and brooding. You did the
right thing asking. As did Rick in keeping his reply short.
There is enough argument about gamma never mind anything else :)
--

Regards
     Stephen