POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 8-ball, me too - 8-ball.jpg : Re: 8-ball, me too - 8-ball.jpg - 8-ball-take-2.jpg Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 8-ball, me too - 8-ball.jpg - 8-ball-take-2.jpg
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Nov 2002 03:39:24
Message: <hh9htukilcl24r17781k49fqokj1fq8d8m@4ax.com>
On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:15:34 -0500, Francois Labreque
<fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:

>I think that at this range, we should be able to see the fuzziness of
>the table.

Me too. With 18h 25min @2GHz, though, I don't think it will come up
any soon.

>And fingerprints on the balls too, for that matter.

Nope. It's just a showcase set (who'd like to play pools with a ball
set made of china?!)

>They look a tiny bit too shiny for me.

For china? Maybe... I don't have any china around for comparison, so
any suggestions as of how to make it more realistic are welcome.

>If you want to keep them that reflective, we should see the white
>ball's reflection

Cue ball coming up, already 16 hr in the render

> not to mention the protographer.

Considering that I am him, it would be against the server AUP to post
such an offensive image.

>Just nitpicking, as usual.

As if I didn't notice already... But thanks for the comments :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg