POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) : Re: Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu)
From: Glen Berry
Date: 13 Sep 2000 00:20:46
Message: <hP6+OT8IaHs4mA2U+TFCTvQ=dfU3@4ax.com>
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:36:07 -0500, MikeH <Ama### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>I think Daren Wilson wrote a patch that handled that kind of exposure
>curve. It was called unlimited light, and at the time I didn't really
>see any purpose for it, but when the interest in radiosity started
>peaking around here it really started to sound like a good idea.
>Unfortunately his site doesn't appear to exist anymore.  Anyone still
>have the original source?  It was part of the dispersion patch.
>
>-Mike

Actually his technique didn't emulate the response of film at all. It
*was* a type of compression, but not a very good replication of film
response. Of course, he never claimed that was his goal.

Personally, I've always wanted POV to behave more like real-world
cameras and film. It makes merging images created by the two systems
much easier, and most people would think the realism of POV was
greater, if it looked "just like film."

Later,
Glen

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )