POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Warning for Cooledit install. : Re: Warning for Cooledit install. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning for Cooledit install.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Jan 2000 20:09:10
Message: <hA2FOPgELC87jOUmPORbwETf+5uI@4ax.com>
On 18 Jan 2000 04:19:17 -0500, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:

>Steve <sjl### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain> wrote:
>: I later discovered that my PC was trying to send an email to the auther
>: to deliver some information about my machine, I hadn't agreed to this
>: or expected it.
>
>  So Microsoft is not the only one...

The battle.net server supported by Blizzard Enternainment retrieves
personal information (name, e-mail, address etc.) from your registry
if you enter an invalid CD-Key. It only looks into the registry
entries that common MS products use for such information, though.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700