POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : isosurface/function question : Re: isosurface/function question Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface/function question
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 10 Nov 2000 17:27:40
Message: <h7so0ts4pqp346s2a36igc03f281lm4p4m@4ax.com>
On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:29:41 -0800, Ken Cecka <cec### [at] homecom> wrote:

>The example I gave was just for simplicity.  Not particularly useful.  What
>I'm really using it in is an attempt at a rock wall.  I looked at David
>Wilkinson's "Wot no superellipsoids?" brick wall and played with that a
>bit, but I want to make a rock wall with more random shapes and positions.
>What I've got so far is:
>
>#declare f1 = function {
>  z^8 +                                           //bounds the brick depth
>  (cos(y))^8 +                                  //repeating across +/- y
>  (cos((x + (                                    //repeating across +/- x
>    2 * pi * noise3d(0, floor(y / pi), 0)  //each row gets shifted randomly
>  ))/2))^30 -
>  0.9                                              //leave room for mortar
>}

Ken, my latest isofunction for brick walls etc. is much simpler and might be a
better starting point for you.  I posted the source in p.b.s-f as <Isosurface
mesh>.
(And thanks to Cristoph for for showing me how to use a random function in an
isosurface)
David
dav### [at] hamiltonitecom
http://hamiltonite.com/