POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] : Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image]
From: IMBJR
Date: 2 Apr 2004 13:59:55
Message: <h3er60p81cpr2sfc4j2tviabqcbtj9fptn@4ax.com>
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:08:14 -0500, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
wrote:

>IMBJR wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:09:36 -0500, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>IMBJR wrote:
>>>

>> Because it is a manifestation of my mind, an expression of my self. I
>> wish to express myself, I do not necessarily expect to explain that
>> expression or have it become a dialog, which is merely two subjective
>> entities not understanding one another.
>>

>Yeah, I'm afraid I demand a little more from an expression now.  And I don't
>think you are being totally honest with yourself.

One never can, but I'm trying hard to in this case as it is a very
simple concept that people seem to struggle with.

>> Now, I know some of you are really struggling with this odd concept
>> but it really is that simple.
>>

>Not a struggle.  I'd expected roughly what your answer would be.

Just because you expect it, does not mean it was not a stuggle.

>I've asked the same question of artists before, and gotten pretty
>
>much that answer before.  One well-known Canadian artist did a rhino
>
>charge at me from across the room, shoved his face belligerently in mine
>and
>
>shrieked, "I think that's a hostile question"  And then at the top of
>
>his lungs, "Because I did it!"

Mmm, obviously something up there. After all, I'm not doing any
charging.

>The answer gave me pause back then.  Doesn't much anymore.
>
>But again, though I
>
>think your work varies in consistency, it is usually interesting, and I
>believe you are very ambitious and inventive.  Many of your strategies
>are old hat to me though. That nonsense with your nick for instance. Yawn!

Work does vary. There are off-days. As for the strategies being old
hat, well I'm also not in the business of making new ones. If an old
one fits the bill for my purposes then I shall use it.

As for the nick name "nonsense" that you yawn at, please give me an
example of where else you have seen that technique used to derive a
word.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com