POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fat lady takes the stage... : Re: The fat lady takes the stage... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fat lady takes the stage...
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Apr 2008 13:06:03
Message: <gst4v39marrus2dkk89obiac4in9dbnm35@4ax.com>
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 19:01:46 +0200, "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech
sa dot com> wrote:

I bet people think I was joking. Unless you are the one who throws
everyone else about :) Even non contact sports involve some tripping
:)

>I did public speaking back in highschool, but that was 15 years of so ago
>I've done ad-hoc presentations to colleagues in recent months. They haven't
>gone too badly, but then they're a captive audience.
>Biggest thing I've notices is that I start waffling, then run out of things
>to say mid sentence. Probably cause I don't have notes, am using other
>people's slide shows and have not gone over what I'm going to say.

The fact that you have spoken to people and you're not screaming at
the thought makes it easier. My rule is if I don't know something I
try to stop myself from waffling and a good ploy is to say something
like. "I can't answer you just now but I will take a note of it and
get back to you" Then if possible write it up on a whiteboard.
Panache! Respect! Sister! :) If I do waffle I do it in my broadest
Scots accent so no one can understand me. I got that idea in Croatia
from a project manager who spoke so broadly when he got excited no one
could understand him. I had to translate :)
--

Regards
     Stephen