POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : uv_mapping : Re: uv_mapping Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv_mapping
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 6 Dec 2001 19:37:37
Message: <gr301u49b2unu745g2anqgb8b282k60kdl@4ax.com>
Hi Peter Hertel, you recently wrote in povray.binaries.images:

> What would a image_map look like if you wanted to place the same image on
> all six faces?
You would make an imagemap and place the image six times on this
image. The numbers 1-6 in my drawing represent the cubes faces.

> Frankly, I prefer the old method, maybe because I don't
> understand the new mapping system completely =)
Ahhh, afraid of change, are we :-)

The old system did not allow you to put different images on each face
of the cube. The new one does.

Regards,

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom