POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : cleaning source code from warnings troubles : Re: cleaning source code from warnings troubles Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cleaning source code from warnings troubles
From: ABX
Date: 23 Sep 2002 08:25:30
Message: <gr0uoucgievsj2oa80j8cuqner7e9j7ean@4ax.com>
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:58:15 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> As I pointed out, it is good to have such a warning available, just like
> many other warnings; but this does not imply that legal code should cause
> any warning.

I did not mean to start another war in the cream of our small society. My
intention was to remove some obvious typos. For example: there is a lot of
calls to compile_instruction() function in fncode.cpp where fourth parameter
is 0. But for some strange reason three of them use 0.0 instead of 0. I can't
call it 'favourite coding style' becouse other calls clearly shows this
favourite style. I think one thing is legal code, second is legal, clean and
consistent code. Just two cents from amatour C programmer.

ABX