POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : mesh2 in Moray ? (newbie) : Re: mesh2 in Moray ? (newbie) Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:54:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 in Moray ? (newbie)
From: corncrake
Date: 14 Dec 2002 22:18:42
Message: <gqsl6s7o2t00$.k7wm2iponco7$.dlg@40tude.net>
On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:34:57 +0100, Txemi Jendrix wrote:

> corncrake
>> I have been given some simple models in .mesh2 files.
>> I cannot see an option for loading(importing?) them into Moray

> This feature doesn't exist in Moray 3.3.

Oh dear !
but mesh2 is a povray format, is it ? maybe too new though ?? ,,,
Is there no 'front-end' manipulator for them ?

> (you could not edit it).

Umm, yes, that is what I wanted to do, edit it, or even build upon it or
even cobnstruct new ones,,,

> yes; it's called mesh2udo and should be in p.b.u. or in
> Thomas Lake's website
> http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/
> Hope this helps.

Sadly no, :) but not your fault!, you see I had found that link (after much
googling) but he says on his site that it will only do .mesh not .mesh2
files
Unless I have missed something ?

Thanks for your reply,
Malcolm.