POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : mosaic and radiosity : Re: mosaic and radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mosaic and radiosity
Date: 2 Jul 2002 03:33:23
Message: <gml2iustp7i50ca0troqilkss22lleiaib@4ax.com>
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:49:16 -0400, "TinCanMan" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:
> I don't know if this is intended or not but it would seem that setting the
> Preview_Start_Size and Preview_End_Size settings in the .ini file will
> override the  pretrace_start and pretrace_end settings of the radiosity block.
> The docs don't mention anything either way. If this is the intended operation
> I would suggest adding something to that effect to both the radiosity and mosaic
> preview sections of the docs.

It is described in '2.6.2  Photons, Dispersion and Improved Radiosity' however
it is not clear what should have priority:

  Instead of using the INI options "Preview_Start_Size" and "Preview_End_Size"
  to control the radiosity pre-trace gathering step, use the keywords
  pretrace_start and pretrace_end within the radiosity block inside
  global_settings.

BTW: I think it is enough important to be placed in main radiosity chapter
instead of "What's new in 3.5".

ABX