POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : izotwizt [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: izotwizt [16-bit JPEG2000] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: izotwizt [16-bit JPEG2000]
From: IMBJR
Date: 7 Mar 2004 16:21:27
Message: <gm4n40l40s9o3hjvd4lvl5ppeb9gkmfcv1@4ax.com>
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:12:23 +0100, "Tim Nikias v2.0" <tim.nikias (@)
nolights.de> wrote:

>> Could You please post in some normal format instead?
>
>If I were in your place, Rafal, don't expect it.
>
>IMBJR has just had his great "discussion" about using JPEG2000 on the

Don't be so condescending . People engaged in the thread properly.
Just because some couldn't, does not give them the right to act
superior.

>newsgroups and how much superior the JPEG2000 is in comparison to the old
>JPEG and he feels that only JPEG2000 with its better compression and higher
>quality is suitable to post his images on these groups.

Wrong. I said where applicable. Get it right, or stay the hell out of
the thread.

>Standard, good ol'
>JPEG isn't. He doesn't want to clog the server with huge PNGs, TIFFs or
>whatnot to sustain the desired quality, which I'm fine with. He doesn't
>expect comments either, so I'm fine with JPEG2000 as well.

I expect you are dancing a little jig now.

>So, if you want to view the image, get an image-viewer capable of JPEG2000.

Well duh. Dear me. Is this what passes for common sense here?

>Regards,
>Tim

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com