POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : landscape - lost sphere : Re: landscape - lost sphere Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: landscape - lost sphere
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Nov 2003 04:52:02
Message: <gib981-ce2.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Abe wrote:
> ....or an alternate title: Chrome Sphere In Search of a Checkered Plane.
>
> Started messing with Chris Hormann's listings from his c`t article - ended
> up with this. Used a media atmosphere instead of fog which seemed too flat.
>
> I have to say, those listings gave such a nice overview of a structured
> approach to isosurface landscapes, that I'm sorry I didn't see the article.

Nice work, the appearance of the shadow parts is very uniform, radiosity
would help.  If you used the fill light as in the tutorial scene you
might also get some problems with the media.

The large scale function of the mountains seems quite different from the
tutorial, what did you use?

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______