POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : hash marks : Re: hash marks Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hash marks
Date: 12 Mar 2002 14:09:14
Message: <gbks8u0f6tsr9ecg8tk9go7fg4pb8e76ks@4ax.com>
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:01:36 -0600, Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom>
wrote:
> The limitation of patterned textures in layers.
>
> Having separate background and sky_sphere features. (people often think
> sky_sphere is an object, when it is just a fancy background...using just
> one keyword would be more elegant)
>
> Not being able to use macros in array initialization blocks.
>
> Not being able to map finishes.
>
> Various things (patterns, warps...) not being declarable.

I have never found a problems with above (probably becouse I have not used it
strong enough) except declaring pattern. I don't see any problem with doing it
via new functions feature but of course it can be considered as not elegant
solution.

ABX