POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Some problems solved [I/O Particle System] (MPG1, 414kb) : Re: Some problems solved [I/O Particle System] (MPG1, 414kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some problems solved [I/O Particle System] (MPG1, 414kb)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Feb 2004 13:20:04
Message: <ftp1h1-udg.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:
> I've posted the scene-file with some comments (and without the running code
> for my system) to p.b.s-f. Let me see the results! :-)

It seems you used much less particles than would result from your
description in the source.  Some first results are here:

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/files/particle1.mpg
http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/files/particle2.mpg

The first is with quite strong damping during collisions - as you can
see in the other one i had difficulties making the particles fall
through the torus with less damping.  With so many particles it looks
quite confusing - you can't really follow the path of a single particle.

Concerning performance - since there are no collisions between the
particles and i used the fastest environment method (object based,
method 2) it simulates pretty fast, 200s for the whole animation while
another render was running on the computer.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______