POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : bug: select within select : Re: bug: select within select Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bug: select within select
Date: 22 Oct 2001 10:05:20
Message: <fs98ttg2cuuk2484bbl2su4vmgljvjoqkl@4ax.com>
On 22 Oct 2001 08:37:06 -0400, ingo <ing### [at] homenl> wrote:
> in news:s9p7ttk0cqadgpvrkjquu9r2c5tai77u6g@4ax.com W?odzimierz ABX
> Skiba wrote:
>
> > I think there should be note withing documentation about
> > characteristic of noise generators.
> >

> What kind of characteristics do you mean and what are they.

I'm talking about few words about results for some special args. As
this thread shows one sentence can be: "for integer args generator 3
returns only values above 1/3." Without sources I can't give more
examples - I found only this by experience. Perhaps something like
this occure for some generators:
noise(x,0,0)=noise(0,x,0)=noise(0,0,x). Or : noise(x,y,0)=noise(y,x,0)

> I posted two images in p.b-t.b with histograms, is this sufficient?

I though about characteristic as description. Such images have sense
only in small range. And are usfull when such range is repeated over
and over. But perhaps your images could be usefull for others.

ABX