POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Crash after 63 frames? : Re: Crash after 63 frames? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:28:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash after 63 frames?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Nov 2003 03:47:40
Message: <fo4j71-958.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Scott Gammans wrote:

> If you're not going to use the generally-released version of POV-Ray that's
> available to the user community, that's not a valid basis for comparison,
> is it?

There is no point in trying to investigate in a problem if it does not
exist in the current code.

> And if the problem truly is in the PNG library subsystem, rendering
> with ppm does nothing but confirm that the problem isn't in ppm.

Which is exactly the point i was trying to make.  If there is a memory
problem in the png library this is something completely different.  You
can either use a different file format or try to get a libpng programmer
fix it.  I doubt anyone here will bother to dig into libpng internals.

Disclaimer: i have no idea if there indeed is a memory problem with png
writing or not.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______