POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : smooth height_fields : Re: smooth height_fields Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: smooth height_fields
From: Peter Popov
Date: 5 Mar 2002 01:47:13
Message: <f5q88u8ceh2m2a51338rn85k11o372ho3e@4ax.com>
On Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:06:31 -0500, Christopher James Huff
<chr### [at] maccom> wrote:

>Um, have you looked? The HF_Square() macro in shapes.inc doesn't use
>this method, but it should give better results, especially when using
>entirely procedural height fields.

Yeah, with a procedural it makes sense to produce better results. And
maybe no one thought of using it with an image as a source :)

I'll have to check whether it looks better with that macro using an
image as a source, with interpolation, of course. Just not today...

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg