POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rope macro - Work in progress : Re: Rope macro - Work in progress Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rope macro - Work in progress
From: Mike Williams
Date: 3 Mar 2005 09:19:22
Message: <eve$HGAdzxJCFwLZ@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Fredrik Eriksson who wrote:
>On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:09:22 +0000, Mike Williams
><nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
>> The bit that doesn't work is when makemesh checks to see if the file
>> already exists and is supposed to read the data rather than
>> recalculating it. When I used makemesh in the same way in my SweepSpline
>> macro it all worked.
>

>I downloaded rope.zip from your site and checked out makemesh.inc.
>Although the comments preceding BuildWriteMesh2 say that the macro will
>check if the file already exists, there doesn't appear to be any such
>check in the actual macro.

OK. I've added some code into Rope.inc that reads back the file
previously created by BuildWriteMesh2 if it already exists. The updated
version is now on the web page

<http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/pov/rope.htm>

(And I was wrong about it working for SweepSpline and have now made the
same change to it - I must have been confusing it with something else.)

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure