POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cubic interpolation for image_maps (2 jpegs - 63kb) : Re: cubic interpolation for image_maps (2 jpegs - 63kb) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cubic interpolation for image_maps (2 jpegs - 63kb)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 Mar 2007 14:35:03
Message: <esn40c$b2d$1@chho.imagico.de>
Samuel Benge wrote:
> Hello everyone. I think there was a patch for this somewhere once... but
> anyway.
>
> Based on Tek's (very clever) blended cells pattern, I have made a small
> macro which provides cubic interpolation between an image_map's pixels.

Are you sure this actually does bicubic interpolation?  The sample image
looks somewhat strange.  Compare:

http://earth.imagico.de/img/hf_flat.jpg
http://earth.imagico.de/img/iso_cubic.jpg

BTW MegaPOV offers bicubic interpolation for image maps internally.

Christoph

--
Views of the Earth: http://earth.imagico.de/
Images, include files, tutorials: http://www.imagico.de/