POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visual C : Re: Visual C Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual C
Date: 12 Jul 2002 01:57:17
Message: <ehrsiuofd39fncccvrfaiklc3vvebnj9uq@4ax.com>
On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:14:12 -0600, "Fox Neilson" <ine### [at] myrealboxcom>
wrote:
> No no I'm sorry I wasn't clear.  I just want to use Visual C as the text
> editor for doing povray renderings.  I don't want to actually write any
> C/C++ code for this.  I just want to be able to open my .pov files with the
> Visual C text editor, and to be able to use a command line to actually
> perform the render so that I don't have to open the povray gui to do it.
> Does that make more sense?

I don't know features of current Visual C IDE but you can probably configure
one entry in menu or one icon on tool bar to handle current pov filename
(let's imagine it is scene.pov), look for newest file in its directory with
mask (scene*.png,scene*.tga,scene*.bmp etc.) and display it with tool like
irfanview or something similiar. This tool should be ready to open not
finished files without exclusive lock. I have never tested such solution since
pov editor is just fine for me.

ABX