POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : iso_sphere_sweep : Re: iso_sphere_sweep Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iso_sphere_sweep
Date: 4 Jan 2002 03:01:02
Message: <ehna3u0e9r95e0u6clcl5pmuhgt39rnkgk@4ax.com>
On Thu, 03 Jan 2002 23:36:31 +0100, Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:
> Wlodek

: )

> I too have been working on such a iso sphere
> sweep feature as you describe here.
> I don't know if you ever saw these two pictures
> that I posted to this group earlier: (?)

I saw, I just forgot them.

> "Iso-sombrero" (22. Nov. 2000)
> "Outside It" (29. Jan 2001)

To find differences. I've designed macro to work this way:

#local APoint=array[5]{
  <1,2,3>
  <5,6,7>
  <1,5,0>
  <2,6,8>
  <1,2,3>
}

#local ARadius=array[5]{
  4
  2
  3
  1
  4
}

f_sphere_sweep( APoint, ARadius )

And as result of f_sphere_sweep() macro I've ready function of this linear
sphere_sweep and I can add some transformations, combinations and noises.

> Both contains a kind of "iso-sphere-sweeps"

So they are designed only for one equation and not serve general method for part
of sphere_sweeps ?

> I hope this helps.

Without your sources not :-)

ABX